Skip to main content

Nothing to write home about...

It's time to list things.

1. I called and ordered my Maid of Honor dress today. I've already tried it on, I just didn't have the money for it at the time. It's beautiful really. And it's something that I'll be able to wear more than once, luckily. When I go pick it up, I'm taking my shoes with me, wearing make-up, and having my hair pulled up nicely. That way I can get the full effect. I'm planning on having lost weight by then -- if I have, from what I understand, DB (David's Bridal) will swap the dress size free of charge. Sweet deal.

Another thing, the bride's maids are all going to be trying on dresses that day. It'll be the first time I get to meet all of them.

2. I'm losing weight. I joined an online weight-loss/wellness community where I track my meals and my fitness. I can get exercise strategies and suggestions on everything from working out, to eating, to make up and skin care. It's fantastic. I've even gotten coupons for groceries off the site.

Tomorrow morning is the first time I'll have stepped on a scale since about a week before I joined. I'm anxious to know if a week of counting calories and doing some light exercising will make any difference. Even if it doesn't, I know that I'm making healthy changes to my life. If the scale doesn't see them yet, I still know they're beneficial changes.

3. This weekend I'm going to do a substantial amount of preparing to move into my new place. I realize the official move is still about a month away, but I can afford to move things now because many things I'm taking over there are things I don't currently use daily -- like a queen sized bed.

I have to finish painting. But early next week, once the paint is dry, I would like to hang up my curtains and maybe some artwork in my room. Point being, I'm stoked about moving. Nervous, but stoked.

4. Christina Mayrhofer sent me a birthday package . . . FROM AUSTRIA. She's my Austrian pen pal and she's quickly become a fantastic friend. She's also involved on the 365 Photography Project. I'm really fond of her. She's taught me a lot... like how to say the Austrian equivalent of 'Bon Appetite' -- it's Mahlzeit!

5. My cat, Olive, got attacked by something. I'm sure, because he's a fucking bad ass, that he put up a good fight, but he did have two massive puncture wounds in his neck. The day before my birthday we took him to the vet, the vet lanced the wound (which was swollen to the size of a ping pong ball) and let it drain -- leaving a gaping hole in his neck the size of a dime. (this was necessary)

It then became my job to give Olive antibiotics (which he actually likes to eat) nightly, hold hot compresses on his neck for the first four nights, and .... prepare to barf .... stick a Q-tip in the giant gaping* hole in his neck to ensure that the wound heals from the inside out -- preventing internal infections.

*slight exaggeration



I don't have any inspiration to write anything worthy of reading lately. Maybe that'll change in the coming weeks, when I start to see a beautiful new me emerge from my current cocoon. =] LAME!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Someone busier than you is running right now.

I have a confession to make to my spark buddy, Melissa: I did not go for a run last night. I'm terrible, I know. Here's what else I know: 1. I have never made such great progress in getting into shape as I did when I was jogging regularly. 2. My knee starts to stay in a constant state of noticeable discomfort after I've jogged for over a week. 3. I miss the liberating feeling of running. 4. I miss the empowerment of cross-training (biking, swimming, running) So I've been perusing the intarwebz for motivational media this morning. And while I hate Nike for their shoddy work ethic, jacked up prices, and apparently tiny clothes, I love them for their motivational material. I just have yet to find any media more inspiring to me than the following advertisements. And ... "I am addicted. I've collected footsteps before dawn. Seen places I never knew existed. Run to the moon and back. Been a rabbit for the neighborhood dogs. Obeyed the voice in my head. Let music carr

The heat is on...

I've got to admit, now that people are actively involved with following and commenting on this blog, I feel pressured to write legitimately interesting stuff. Some things that peeve me: 1. I typically don't complain about misspellings of my name, but after three years, my co-worker still doesn't know my name is spelled with one L. Whenever he writes a message for me, he directs it to "All-" ugh. Initially I thought, maybe this message is for ALL of us. Wrong. It's specifically for me, he just doesn't know it only has one L. And I bet a million pesos he also doesn't finish spelling it out because he doesn't know it ends in i-s-o-n. I mean, it is a tricky name after all. 2. I went grocery shopping yesterday. I had a list of five things to get in Publix: dog food, dog treats, Gatorade, wine, toilet paper. I came out with 15 things (I counted because I wondered if I could squeeze into the express check-out... nope). I came out with 15 things -- NONE of

I am Doris.

Thank you Laura for the link. This was interesting. I could relate to more than one of the posed situations. Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz... You Are a Doris! You are a Doris -- "I must help others." Dorises are warm, concerned, nurturing, and sensitive to other people's needs. How to Get Along with Me * Tell me that you appreciate me. Be specific. * Share fun times with me. * Take an interest in my problems, though I will probably try to focus on yours. * Let me know that I am important and special to you. * Be gentle if you decide to criticize me. In Intimate Relationships * Reassure me that I am interesting to you. * Reassure me often that you love me. * Tell me I'm attractive and that you're glad to be seen with me. What I Like About Being a Doris * being able to relate easily to people and to make friends * knowing what people need and being able to make their lives