Skip to main content

For the time being, life couldn't be any better.

This past weekend. Holy cow, this past weekend. My life was perfect this past weekend.

Saturday I took some things over to my house. I set up my television, DVD player and VCR. I unpacked all my books onto their shelves, put sheets on my bed because I really can’t stand a naked mattress (something I picked up from my better half), and brought over my bottle and camera collections.

Then shortly after I arrived, Jon-Michael showed up. As we hugged in the doorway, I felt something stuffed in the back of his shirt. I laughed and said something along the lines of “it appears you have a growth back here.” He pulled out a Frisbee – a gift he knew I would absolutely love.

I showed him how I’d arranged my room, we stood around for awhile talking about the house, and then we rode over to Wendy’s to grab so much. We brought it back and ate a meal on the floor in my future house – a house I will soon be eating all my meals in (can you tell I’m excited?).

After we ate, we watched Cool Runnings, a movie Jon-Michael had never seen in full and one of my all time favorite movies from my youth. Originally we were going to watch Made of Honor, but apparently something happened in the move and my DVD player is now broken.

After lunch, Jon-Michael went to work, I finished up some things at the house, and then drove to Angela’s to give her and Karen their Valentine’s Day gifts. I stayed for dinner, which was delicious, and watched part of Step Brothers and all of Hancock and then drove home.

I picked up some things at my future house, early Sunday afternoon, ran a couple errands in town and drove to Inverness to be with Jon-Michael. When I arrived at his house, Kenneth was there. The three of us threw a Frisbee in the back yard and a football, too. There’s something about being athletic and active with J.M. and Kenneth that makes me feel good. Kenneth is good at teaching me how to throw the football. And I’m already fairly skilled with the Frisbee (Jon-Michael would say when I paid attention to what I was doing, I was good). After maybe thirty minutes of light sports activities, Kenneth went home and Jon-Michael and I got ready to go out to dinner.

I got dressed and he cleaned up and he drove me to a seafood restaurant on the river in Hommosassa. Riverside Crab Shack, I think. The restaurant hangs out over the river, and in the river, maybe fifty feet out into the water is a small, partially man-made island with monkeys on it. Monkey Island it’s called. The monkeys were brought here to America to help perfect the Polio vaccine. After being brought here, they had to be sequestered on an island to keep them from thieving and ransacking residents and their homes.

After dinner, he and I returned home (but not before stopping for some mint chocolate chip ice cream), got into our pajamas, snuggled up on the couch and watched Made of Honor. When the movie was over, we played about three or four songs on Rock Band and then we laid down together for awhile and talked. By midnight thirty I was too tired to keep my eyes open, but J.M. had just gotten his second wind, as with his schedule, he typically does. So I stayed in bed while he got up and entertained himself with video games and other things I have no interest in.

When six A.M. Monday came around, Jon-Michael woke me up gently, put together a sweet and delicious breakfast for me, and saw me off to work. Just the kind of ideal morning I hope to have when we finally live together.

It’s Thursday now; the day after Jon-Michael’s birthday, and I have had the invaluable opportunity to see Jon-Michael six out of the last seven days. Last night I drove to his house after work, cooking him his first home-cooked meal in his new house (baked, herb-crusted chicken with potatoes au gratin and broccoli and baby carrots), visited with his family and watched part of (because I’m notorious for not being able to stay away through a movie) Vicky Christina Barcelona.

I have a toothbrush at Jon-Michael’s house now and a pair of shorts to sleep in. He bought me body wash and a poof for the shower. And is even considering letting me put a bed for Lucy and Blondie on the lanai, so I can bring them with me when I visit once I move (March 1st).

For the time being, life couldn’t be any better.

Comments

Jessica Nelson said…
Yay! You got a house! Congratulations. :-) I also loved Cool Runnings, but I haven't seen it in years. Made of Honor was better than I expected, so I hope you get to watch it. :-)
Jessica Nelson said…
Oh yeah, I meant to tell you that I know exactly where Monkey Island is! My in-laws own a condo there (right there, yes, on the property) and whenever we visit the kids LOVE to go see the monkeys. It's pretty cool.
revolutionaire. said…
wow! that's wild! I bet I could see your in-laws' condo from our table in the restaurant!

Popular posts from this blog

Someone busier than you is running right now.

I have a confession to make to my spark buddy, Melissa: I did not go for a run last night. I'm terrible, I know. Here's what else I know: 1. I have never made such great progress in getting into shape as I did when I was jogging regularly. 2. My knee starts to stay in a constant state of noticeable discomfort after I've jogged for over a week. 3. I miss the liberating feeling of running. 4. I miss the empowerment of cross-training (biking, swimming, running) So I've been perusing the intarwebz for motivational media this morning. And while I hate Nike for their shoddy work ethic, jacked up prices, and apparently tiny clothes, I love them for their motivational material. I just have yet to find any media more inspiring to me than the following advertisements. And ... "I am addicted. I've collected footsteps before dawn. Seen places I never knew existed. Run to the moon and back. Been a rabbit for the neighborhood dogs. Obeyed the voice in my head. Let music carr

The heat is on...

I've got to admit, now that people are actively involved with following and commenting on this blog, I feel pressured to write legitimately interesting stuff. Some things that peeve me: 1. I typically don't complain about misspellings of my name, but after three years, my co-worker still doesn't know my name is spelled with one L. Whenever he writes a message for me, he directs it to "All-" ugh. Initially I thought, maybe this message is for ALL of us. Wrong. It's specifically for me, he just doesn't know it only has one L. And I bet a million pesos he also doesn't finish spelling it out because he doesn't know it ends in i-s-o-n. I mean, it is a tricky name after all. 2. I went grocery shopping yesterday. I had a list of five things to get in Publix: dog food, dog treats, Gatorade, wine, toilet paper. I came out with 15 things (I counted because I wondered if I could squeeze into the express check-out... nope). I came out with 15 things -- NONE of

603.

I never told you this story, but when I was a three, I had to have physical therapy for a broken femur. Every single day we drove to PT, we went over a small, fairly insignificant overpass with had a shopping plaza below it. The address for the shopping plaza was just barely visible over the bridge. And it was 603. And every single day as we went over, I would excitedly blurt out the numbers to show my mom I recognized them. This turned into a game for us. And eventually, a tradition. Fast forward into my "more grown up" ages ... like ... high school. And, if you could be a fly in my truck, you would have without a doubt witnessed me driving over the overpass by myself and, sure enough, I'd just say it ... "six oh three." Shortly after high school is when I met Seth, Tommy, Leif, Troy, and Jonesy in Gainesville. Still, there was no connection. Their friends and families came to visit, we then bonded, they returned home, and still, nothing. It wasn't until th