Skip to main content

This Just In...

One of my favorite members/clients just called for the second time today. He is one of my favorites because he's always polite, asks to talk to me when he needs something he knows is my job to do, and always says he appreciates everything I do here.

Earlier he said I sounded tired and that I should catch up on my sleep all weekend, the second time he called, he said I sounded a little better, but I must have partied far too hard. When I told him I actually worked last night, he said, "wow, you work two jobs... dang girl."

I've decided I'm taking that as a compliment.

This just in: I hung up the phone after taking a message from him and it immediately rang back. When I answered it, it was him AGAIN. This time I laughed when he identified himself and said, "you just want to talk to me, don't you?"

His answer was actually yes. When I politely declined, he was all, "oh, I understand. Could I talk to Fred?"

When I turned around to look for Fred, he was standing behind my desk with this perplexed look on his face.



Two days ago we were sitting in the conference room debating counter tops and how strong they need to be, Fred said, "they need to be plenty strong for all these big, burly linemen to lean on because you know they will. And that pass through window for Alison needs to be double strong, and plenty wide, because the first time one of those linemen leans on that counter to see down her shirt, it's going to break right off."

It's like ... now that he knows I secretly work at Victoria's Secret, he's more paranoid than ever that these rough and tumble old linemen are going to harass me.

I got this Fred.

Comments

Cary McNeal said…
Gettin' a little close to the line there, Fred. The weird line.
Cary McNeal said…
...said the guy in a duck mask.
Ryan Lovelett said…
I worry about them too constantly. I mean seriously who does not? I laughed my ass off at work about this.

Thanks for the basket again!
Anonymous said…
Oy! Close to the line? Over the line!!

PS start charging per peek. There's my sage advice.

... said the girl with the nice rack. :-D
Samsmama said…
I was composing what I was going to say when I got to the comments. Holy hell, Cary made me laugh! And TBB and her nice rack comment just added to the fun. Good times!
Unknown said…
what a funny story... little creep-o though, right?
revolutionaire. said…
Holy shit, SIX comments! I should talk about people talking about my rack more often I guess.

@Cary - you've had far more weird profile pics than the duck mask one. But still... it's a little like the pot calling the kettle black.

@Ryan - I'm glad I helped you to laugh your ass off at work. Miss our day time chats and I'm glad you enjoyed the basket. I loved you sending the picture of you in the glasses/nose combo!

@TBB - I might take your advice about charging per peek. I may be able to make a decent amount of money...

@Samsmama - I know... the comments are killing me over here. I can't believe it. You guys crack me up.

@Megan - I have little to no idea who this Megan might be, but THANKS for commenting! And yes, it was a little creep-o.




Fred couldn't see down my shirt when he said what he did, so I'm pretty sure he was looking out for my best interest because some of these guys can actually be creeps, but still...
J.M. said…
Your rack is one of my favorite things about you, next to your smile, sense of humor, legs and adventurous nature.
Jessica Nelson said…
Oooh, you work at Victoria's Secret! Too cool! And I'm jealous that you have a "rack". LOL
Cary McNeal said…
Sports Shoes always leaves the best comments.

Popular posts from this blog

Someone busier than you is running right now.

I have a confession to make to my spark buddy, Melissa: I did not go for a run last night. I'm terrible, I know. Here's what else I know: 1. I have never made such great progress in getting into shape as I did when I was jogging regularly. 2. My knee starts to stay in a constant state of noticeable discomfort after I've jogged for over a week. 3. I miss the liberating feeling of running. 4. I miss the empowerment of cross-training (biking, swimming, running) So I've been perusing the intarwebz for motivational media this morning. And while I hate Nike for their shoddy work ethic, jacked up prices, and apparently tiny clothes, I love them for their motivational material. I just have yet to find any media more inspiring to me than the following advertisements. And ... "I am addicted. I've collected footsteps before dawn. Seen places I never knew existed. Run to the moon and back. Been a rabbit for the neighborhood dogs. Obeyed the voice in my head. Let music carr

The heat is on...

I've got to admit, now that people are actively involved with following and commenting on this blog, I feel pressured to write legitimately interesting stuff. Some things that peeve me: 1. I typically don't complain about misspellings of my name, but after three years, my co-worker still doesn't know my name is spelled with one L. Whenever he writes a message for me, he directs it to "All-" ugh. Initially I thought, maybe this message is for ALL of us. Wrong. It's specifically for me, he just doesn't know it only has one L. And I bet a million pesos he also doesn't finish spelling it out because he doesn't know it ends in i-s-o-n. I mean, it is a tricky name after all. 2. I went grocery shopping yesterday. I had a list of five things to get in Publix: dog food, dog treats, Gatorade, wine, toilet paper. I came out with 15 things (I counted because I wondered if I could squeeze into the express check-out... nope). I came out with 15 things -- NONE of

603.

I never told you this story, but when I was a three, I had to have physical therapy for a broken femur. Every single day we drove to PT, we went over a small, fairly insignificant overpass with had a shopping plaza below it. The address for the shopping plaza was just barely visible over the bridge. And it was 603. And every single day as we went over, I would excitedly blurt out the numbers to show my mom I recognized them. This turned into a game for us. And eventually, a tradition. Fast forward into my "more grown up" ages ... like ... high school. And, if you could be a fly in my truck, you would have without a doubt witnessed me driving over the overpass by myself and, sure enough, I'd just say it ... "six oh three." Shortly after high school is when I met Seth, Tommy, Leif, Troy, and Jonesy in Gainesville. Still, there was no connection. Their friends and families came to visit, we then bonded, they returned home, and still, nothing. It wasn't until th