Skip to main content

Random Photo Tuesday.

So whatever. I'm starting something new. I need to feel inspired.

I've been spending a lot of time looking at my own myspace profile lately. I'm trying to decide if I should keep it. This morning I realized this staggering factoid:

I have 99 pages of photographs within my Myspace account. Ninety-nine pages of 20 photos each. Holy Hell. For that fact alone, I can't just get rid of my Myspace account.

At the same time, I'm such a nomadic networker; I have accounts with all of these sites:

xanga (yeah yeah, I know.)
livejournal
myspace
facebook
blogger (obviously)
twitter
interpals
postcrossing
sparkpeople

The first two are the only two that I don't currently log into regularly.

So I decided I'll do a neat little memory exercise and share stories with you lovely readers at the same time.

Here goes RPT #1:

This is Susan, my older sister. We spent last Christmas at the beach and it was beautiful. I think it was our best Christmas experience yet and I hope we make it a tradition. But anyway... the day we left, we decided to feed the sea gulls the last of our cinnamon rolls.

Those bastards are quick. We walked out on the balcony and there were no birds in sight. Our brother threw one small piece of food out over the parking lot and before it hit the pavement, a gull plucked it right out of the air. And before he could make it to our balcony, there was an entire flock dipping and diving for our treats.

On top of being quick, I now see (not that I didn't think much of it before) why it's so important NOT to litter. If sea gulls are any example of the way wildlife behaves in general, I can now see how easily they could ingest something as toxic as plastic or chemicals. The gull that dropped out of the sky and snatched the cinnamon roll had no idea what he was eating before he swallowed it. There's just no way.

So anyway, we fed the birds off our balcony -- over a parking lot, mind you.

We are apparently assholes though. We were about ten floors up, and definitely NOT above the pool area. I could have dropped my bag into the bed of JM's truck from the balcony and he was in the middle of the parking lot. But while we were out there, a foreign woman sunbathing at the pool said,

"hello up there, quit feeding those birds. they'll poop on me."

And even though we heard her loud and clear, we acted as if we couldn't so that she's repeat the "they'll poop on me" part again. Then we laughed our asses off and continued feeding the birds until our snacks were gone.

Comments

Samsmama said…
That is way too funny. I love that you made her repeat it.

99 pages of pictures? No, you can't delete myspace. No way.
revolutionaire. said…
Thanks, Samsmama!

As of now, I'm not deleting it... but really, I never use it anymore, so I'm not sure what to do with it. ha.

Popular posts from this blog

Someone busier than you is running right now.

I have a confession to make to my spark buddy, Melissa: I did not go for a run last night. I'm terrible, I know. Here's what else I know: 1. I have never made such great progress in getting into shape as I did when I was jogging regularly. 2. My knee starts to stay in a constant state of noticeable discomfort after I've jogged for over a week. 3. I miss the liberating feeling of running. 4. I miss the empowerment of cross-training (biking, swimming, running) So I've been perusing the intarwebz for motivational media this morning. And while I hate Nike for their shoddy work ethic, jacked up prices, and apparently tiny clothes, I love them for their motivational material. I just have yet to find any media more inspiring to me than the following advertisements. And ... "I am addicted. I've collected footsteps before dawn. Seen places I never knew existed. Run to the moon and back. Been a rabbit for the neighborhood dogs. Obeyed the voice in my head. Let music carr

The heat is on...

I've got to admit, now that people are actively involved with following and commenting on this blog, I feel pressured to write legitimately interesting stuff. Some things that peeve me: 1. I typically don't complain about misspellings of my name, but after three years, my co-worker still doesn't know my name is spelled with one L. Whenever he writes a message for me, he directs it to "All-" ugh. Initially I thought, maybe this message is for ALL of us. Wrong. It's specifically for me, he just doesn't know it only has one L. And I bet a million pesos he also doesn't finish spelling it out because he doesn't know it ends in i-s-o-n. I mean, it is a tricky name after all. 2. I went grocery shopping yesterday. I had a list of five things to get in Publix: dog food, dog treats, Gatorade, wine, toilet paper. I came out with 15 things (I counted because I wondered if I could squeeze into the express check-out... nope). I came out with 15 things -- NONE of

I am Doris.

Thank you Laura for the link. This was interesting. I could relate to more than one of the posed situations. Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz... You Are a Doris! You are a Doris -- "I must help others." Dorises are warm, concerned, nurturing, and sensitive to other people's needs. How to Get Along with Me * Tell me that you appreciate me. Be specific. * Share fun times with me. * Take an interest in my problems, though I will probably try to focus on yours. * Let me know that I am important and special to you. * Be gentle if you decide to criticize me. In Intimate Relationships * Reassure me that I am interesting to you. * Reassure me often that you love me. * Tell me I'm attractive and that you're glad to be seen with me. What I Like About Being a Doris * being able to relate easily to people and to make friends * knowing what people need and being able to make their lives