Skip to main content

I wish I was a spray can.

I woke up with JM this morning and we had all intentions of going out for breakfast, but we so seldom get to just be together. We bailed on our own plans, and, instead, just stayed in bed together until about  an hour ago.
I feel pretty good about life right now - we are happy and planning a fruitful future while painting a beautiful present for the both of us. I'm really unsure when we were last this happy, but truly don't care. And while there are things I surely hope will happen sooner rather than later, I am so pleased with where he and I are and how far we've come, that the sooner will be here soon enough and, if not, the later is okay too.
I want to bottle this feeling of having nowhere else to be, but having endless opportunities, of having enough love to feed the world all packed into our respectably small-sized house, of feeling confident in our plans and scared of them all at the same time, and of knowing even if I ceased to exist tomorrow it would happen to a version of me who is confident I have lived on this earth a full and purposeful existence.
He has left for the day since I started writing this. He's on his way to a friend's to watch Sunday football. The Eagles are playing. And I, well, I am on my way to my first photo shoot in months. I was actually just lamenting about that yesterday. I haven't taken my gorgeous DLSR out of the case since I photographed Greg marrying Kristen in May. Seems sinful, doesn't it? I used to find great passion in taking photos. I would drive with my Canon on the passenger seat, charged, loaded, and ready to capture so that if, at any moment, an opportunity presented itself, I too would be ready to capture. Maybe this afternoon's shoot is the start of that desire again. I have a passion for photography -- I shouldn't stifle it. Let's see where today takes us -- no major commitments, just a love of an art and the hunt for a subject. I'll let you know how it goes.

Comments

Cary McNeal said…
"The sooner will be here soon enough and, if not, the later is okay too." Yes. I'm going to frame this for my wall.

I'm glad you're happy, Ali.

Popular posts from this blog

Someone busier than you is running right now.

I have a confession to make to my spark buddy, Melissa: I did not go for a run last night. I'm terrible, I know. Here's what else I know: 1. I have never made such great progress in getting into shape as I did when I was jogging regularly. 2. My knee starts to stay in a constant state of noticeable discomfort after I've jogged for over a week. 3. I miss the liberating feeling of running. 4. I miss the empowerment of cross-training (biking, swimming, running) So I've been perusing the intarwebz for motivational media this morning. And while I hate Nike for their shoddy work ethic, jacked up prices, and apparently tiny clothes, I love them for their motivational material. I just have yet to find any media more inspiring to me than the following advertisements. And ... "I am addicted. I've collected footsteps before dawn. Seen places I never knew existed. Run to the moon and back. Been a rabbit for the neighborhood dogs. Obeyed the voice in my head. Let music carr

The heat is on...

I've got to admit, now that people are actively involved with following and commenting on this blog, I feel pressured to write legitimately interesting stuff. Some things that peeve me: 1. I typically don't complain about misspellings of my name, but after three years, my co-worker still doesn't know my name is spelled with one L. Whenever he writes a message for me, he directs it to "All-" ugh. Initially I thought, maybe this message is for ALL of us. Wrong. It's specifically for me, he just doesn't know it only has one L. And I bet a million pesos he also doesn't finish spelling it out because he doesn't know it ends in i-s-o-n. I mean, it is a tricky name after all. 2. I went grocery shopping yesterday. I had a list of five things to get in Publix: dog food, dog treats, Gatorade, wine, toilet paper. I came out with 15 things (I counted because I wondered if I could squeeze into the express check-out... nope). I came out with 15 things -- NONE of

603.

I never told you this story, but when I was a three, I had to have physical therapy for a broken femur. Every single day we drove to PT, we went over a small, fairly insignificant overpass with had a shopping plaza below it. The address for the shopping plaza was just barely visible over the bridge. And it was 603. And every single day as we went over, I would excitedly blurt out the numbers to show my mom I recognized them. This turned into a game for us. And eventually, a tradition. Fast forward into my "more grown up" ages ... like ... high school. And, if you could be a fly in my truck, you would have without a doubt witnessed me driving over the overpass by myself and, sure enough, I'd just say it ... "six oh three." Shortly after high school is when I met Seth, Tommy, Leif, Troy, and Jonesy in Gainesville. Still, there was no connection. Their friends and families came to visit, we then bonded, they returned home, and still, nothing. It wasn't until th