Skip to main content

In my dreams she still doth haunt me, robed in garments soaked in brine...


"oh my darlin', oh my darlin', oh my darlin' clementine... you were lost and gone forever, oh my darlin', clementine.

when will alison post a new blog? i look forward to reading them before work in the morn'."

Here's a few things:

ART SHOW: If I were thinking, I would have taken a picture of the painting I bought on Friday. Susan, Cassie and I went to an art show for a friend of ours, named
Josh. His artwork, and all the art that was there, was incredible. We each bought something; Susan just happened to buy something from a different artist. The whole bit was a great cultural experience. There was a guy singing in Spanish and playing salsa music with an acoustic guitar, and there were lots of fascinating people there. It all kind of made me want to get my paint brushes out and get back into the art industry.

NOT QUITE 27 DRESSES: I've bought two dresses recently. I'm trying to ease femmy things into my wardrobe gradually, because ultra femmy things make me uncomfortable. I've just been molded by the jeans, t-shirts, and chucks I'm so used to donning every morning, that the thought of wearing a sun dress gives me the heebie jeebies. But I braved the heebies and I did wear one.

I wore one to the art show, and that seemed to go well. People weren't staring at me or anything, which was a relief, because my paranoid self knows that I'm not too ladylike with my sitting habits and all (Indian style, baby!). But I managed to keep everything where it should be and keep my knees together so as not to show anyone my undies! And in the end, I had actually grown quite comfortable in the dress.

INVERNESS: I went to Inverness on Saturday morning to spend the day with JM and his family. It was a long and seemingly endless drive, but I listened to a mix cd I have, called Good Days, and it definitely reminded me why I was driving. And I wore a dress this day as well, and got lots of great compliments on it and on my wearing it. All of which made me feel confident enough to wear it again some time.

While in Inverness, I did just about nothing to write home about -- which not only was the point of my trip, but would also be pointless because there isn't anyone home to write to. JM took me to El Ranchito (Laura!!) and, even after warning from the waiter, I burned my finger tips on the platter of delicious food I was served. Then we went to see Indiana Jones IV, but I'm not going to say anything about that. After the movie, we ran an errand and then came back to the house, where we spent the rest of the day hanging out.
And I eventually determined I would spend the night.

Sunday consisted of nothing to write about as well. I left for home around dinner time, picked up food for my pets, and continued driving home. Once I got home, I fed all the babies, got out of my town/driving clothes, let Charley play in my room, hung up my new painting, goofed around on the computer and tidied up in my room and then polished off the night with a viewing of the movie Family Stone, on FX. It was all right;
definitely awkward at most parts, but all right still.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Someone busier than you is running right now.

I have a confession to make to my spark buddy, Melissa: I did not go for a run last night. I'm terrible, I know. Here's what else I know: 1. I have never made such great progress in getting into shape as I did when I was jogging regularly. 2. My knee starts to stay in a constant state of noticeable discomfort after I've jogged for over a week. 3. I miss the liberating feeling of running. 4. I miss the empowerment of cross-training (biking, swimming, running) So I've been perusing the intarwebz for motivational media this morning. And while I hate Nike for their shoddy work ethic, jacked up prices, and apparently tiny clothes, I love them for their motivational material. I just have yet to find any media more inspiring to me than the following advertisements. And ... "I am addicted. I've collected footsteps before dawn. Seen places I never knew existed. Run to the moon and back. Been a rabbit for the neighborhood dogs. Obeyed the voice in my head. Let music carr

603.

I never told you this story, but when I was a three, I had to have physical therapy for a broken femur. Every single day we drove to PT, we went over a small, fairly insignificant overpass with had a shopping plaza below it. The address for the shopping plaza was just barely visible over the bridge. And it was 603. And every single day as we went over, I would excitedly blurt out the numbers to show my mom I recognized them. This turned into a game for us. And eventually, a tradition. Fast forward into my "more grown up" ages ... like ... high school. And, if you could be a fly in my truck, you would have without a doubt witnessed me driving over the overpass by myself and, sure enough, I'd just say it ... "six oh three." Shortly after high school is when I met Seth, Tommy, Leif, Troy, and Jonesy in Gainesville. Still, there was no connection. Their friends and families came to visit, we then bonded, they returned home, and still, nothing. It wasn't until th

What did the rug say to the floor?

I'm just going to bust out and say it... I don't have anything to say. So it's list time again. 1. Against Me! I thought about it and thought about it and really... it's not able to be summed up in a blog. I saw them two weekends ago and still have a certain amount of euphoria clouding me. And I'm supremely happy about that. I met new -- and entirely temporary -- friends at that show. A group of guys (and a couple girls) struck up conversation with me at the bar and we spent most of the evening hanging out, sipping beer, and talking about music and the movie Independence Day. It was easily a far better time than I would have had if I hadn't made any friends. 2. I've had a handful of people offer to help me get my foot in the door with TOEFL & international schools. In fact, the sister of my co-worker returned last night from China and she said you don't even need a teaching degree -- just certification with TOEFL. She told her brother -- my co-worker