Skip to main content

I'm baaaaaaaaaack.

Probably short and sweet tonight -- I don't want to overwhelm you.

I should probably start with a quick game of catch--you-up.

1. I'm still in love with my boyfriend, Jon-Michael. We're this close to living together and one day he will ask me to marry him. And I say this because he already asked my dad. Eeeeeee! I know I say this every time, but I can't think of any point ever in our whole relationship that we've ever been this happy.

2. I have five jobs, four of which are actually paying me right now. Most recently, I'm a bank teller -- and I LOVE it. The job obviously requires a high sense of responsibility, but it's fun and enables me to be social, network, and help people -- all things I DEFINITELY love to do. And at the risk of tooting my own horn, I'm really pretty good at it so far. My other three paying jobs are web design (the office for this job is rectangular in shape, comes with pillows, and faces the television in my living room), a lingerie sales associate (aka pantie peddler), and photographer. And lastly, and my current favorite adventure/endeavor, is a business collaborative project with a friend of mine. We've started our own business, and while it's not making money just yet, it has the potential to be very profitable... in time. All that being said, the sad thing is, I still manage to live just slightly above paycheck to paycheck. The biggest downside to having so many jobs is juggling the schedules. It gets taxing ... and that's where my third topic comes in...

3. I got a new phone and it's ahhhhhmazing. It's a Blackberry and before the first night of owning it was over, I was seriously a convert. I used to stare bewildered when people twiddled with their Blackberries, but now I get it. My whole professional and personal life can and probably is stored on that phone. What was life like before it -- I don't even remember. While I'm on the subject though, let me say I DID get a different phone number, so if you're reading this and you haven't heard from me in a while, send me an email and we'll exchange numbers again.

4. My sister received a MUCH needed kidney from our cousin, Dennis. He literally saved her life in February. I mean it. I don't think I'd say she was dying before, but she damn sure wasn't living. And any life on dialysis isn't one that's meant to last forever -- it's simply a stall tactic, but he saved her. They've both almost fully recovered nicely now and life is looking great for both of them. I'd love to write more specifically, but I don't think I can without getting too lengthy.

5. My best friend had brain surgery. Yes, brain surgery. And she also recovered flawlessly. Now she's on the fast track to reversing several side effects of the disease she was diagnosed with -- side effects including things like diabetes and high blood pressure to name some common ones. It's amazing what strength we can find in ourselves when it comes to doing the best thing for our health...

6. And that brings me to three indescribably remarkable women. Carol, Ariane, and Tracy. If any of you three read this, please know you're the three most astonishingly incredible fighters I know. These three women have all fought or are fighting their own battles with cancer. All three have touched my heart and changed my life in more serious ways than I can even describe. And all three have shown me the strength we can muster when it comes to surviving. These women, while struggling themselves, would be the first to give the food from their tables to feed me were I hungry, or the clothes off their backs to clothe me. They have taught me to love and give even when we feel like we only need, because giving forward pays back... because loving makes us loved.


And I'm realizing more these days than ever that no matter how tight my money is, I can always come up with more; no matter how hungry I am, I can always find food; and no matter how dark life seems to be, I can always find the light. But no matter how hard I try, I cannot live my life without the people I love in this world.

I'm miss writing and I'm hoping I begin to find the time or the interest again. It seems like when I had the labor union job, I was always so bored and reading up on random things that conjured opinions. I had things to write about. Now I'm too busy to read and too uninteresting to have anything to write. I may have to make an effort to get back into it, but I certainly miss the feel of these keys against my fingertips as I ponder the next word and the sound of them clicking under the weight of my thoughts pressing down letters.

I'm already anxious for my next bit of writing...

Comments

WAHOOO!!! Glad you're back, I had just discovered you and then 'poof' you dissapeared for a while - but I am very glad that you're excited to get writing again :)

Thanks for your comment on my blog, I'm glad that I can inspire - it's nice to have people who know what I'm struggling with to support me, and be honest with me.

I can't wait to read more from you - keep up all the hard work (and the 5 jobs)I'm sure it will be no time before you're no longer living paycheck to paycheck.
Ryan Lovelett said…
We really should get back to work on that side venture.

Glad to see your blogging again.

Popular posts from this blog

Someone busier than you is running right now.

I have a confession to make to my spark buddy, Melissa: I did not go for a run last night. I'm terrible, I know. Here's what else I know: 1. I have never made such great progress in getting into shape as I did when I was jogging regularly. 2. My knee starts to stay in a constant state of noticeable discomfort after I've jogged for over a week. 3. I miss the liberating feeling of running. 4. I miss the empowerment of cross-training (biking, swimming, running) So I've been perusing the intarwebz for motivational media this morning. And while I hate Nike for their shoddy work ethic, jacked up prices, and apparently tiny clothes, I love them for their motivational material. I just have yet to find any media more inspiring to me than the following advertisements. And ... "I am addicted. I've collected footsteps before dawn. Seen places I never knew existed. Run to the moon and back. Been a rabbit for the neighborhood dogs. Obeyed the voice in my head. Let music carr

The heat is on...

I've got to admit, now that people are actively involved with following and commenting on this blog, I feel pressured to write legitimately interesting stuff. Some things that peeve me: 1. I typically don't complain about misspellings of my name, but after three years, my co-worker still doesn't know my name is spelled with one L. Whenever he writes a message for me, he directs it to "All-" ugh. Initially I thought, maybe this message is for ALL of us. Wrong. It's specifically for me, he just doesn't know it only has one L. And I bet a million pesos he also doesn't finish spelling it out because he doesn't know it ends in i-s-o-n. I mean, it is a tricky name after all. 2. I went grocery shopping yesterday. I had a list of five things to get in Publix: dog food, dog treats, Gatorade, wine, toilet paper. I came out with 15 things (I counted because I wondered if I could squeeze into the express check-out... nope). I came out with 15 things -- NONE of

603.

I never told you this story, but when I was a three, I had to have physical therapy for a broken femur. Every single day we drove to PT, we went over a small, fairly insignificant overpass with had a shopping plaza below it. The address for the shopping plaza was just barely visible over the bridge. And it was 603. And every single day as we went over, I would excitedly blurt out the numbers to show my mom I recognized them. This turned into a game for us. And eventually, a tradition. Fast forward into my "more grown up" ages ... like ... high school. And, if you could be a fly in my truck, you would have without a doubt witnessed me driving over the overpass by myself and, sure enough, I'd just say it ... "six oh three." Shortly after high school is when I met Seth, Tommy, Leif, Troy, and Jonesy in Gainesville. Still, there was no connection. Their friends and families came to visit, we then bonded, they returned home, and still, nothing. It wasn't until th