Skip to main content

Like Dave Matthews Band I've got So Much To Say...

Let's go over some things on this fine, sparkly Wednesday.

1. I asked my dad if he would be willing to work out a deal with me for his Jeep Wrangler. It's absolutely awesome. Needs some love, no doubt, but nothing I can't handle. His exact words were, "you can have it." I about shit because for months now I've been thinking about what kind of deal I could work out with him to get it and here he just says I can have it. Too cool.

On the list of things it needs: new brakes/brake line, new ignition/ignition switch, a thorough washing.

The first step to getting it is to call my insurance company to figure out how much it would cost to insure the mother. Most likely more than my Focus, you think? haha. This information will determine if I can even afford to have it.

If I can, I'm going to talk to some friends who work on cars for fun. See what they know about Jeeps and their parts. Maybe I can get cheap or even free labor in exchange for food. Boys are like that. They'll work for food. Plus, I want to learn about fixing things so I'd be hands-on (that may be a good or bad thing).

I'm very, very stoked about this. You have absolutely no idea. I can already see myself driving to the beach in it. Or driving to the woods. Or driving to work. I want it! I WANT IT.

2. I put my entire savings into my checking account recently to make ends meet because of some non-regular expenses I've had lately. And that entire savings is already eaten up entirely.

Traci's wedding is breaking my bank. And I don't even feel bad about saying that. Shit's so expensive. Don't ever be a Maid of Honor. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you it's costing me $760 to do this for her. I love the girl, but that's absurd.

The fact that I busted my ass to save that money for a trip I've been planning for longer than I know now (and am supposed to take next year (although that seems unlikely now, thanks)), only to see all of it be absorbed by the budget of someone else's wedding really upsets me. Is that selfish, sure. Do I care, not at all. Like I said, I busted my ass for the money I've been saving and it is literally completely gone.

I don't even know how I'm going to start over. The whole predicament is mentally exhausting. Makes me want to cry rivers.

That's it for now. Not as much to talk about as I initially thought. I guess those two things were weightier than I realized.

Comments

Samsmama said…
Oh, I hope you can get the Jeep figured out! My husband just bought one and we are loving it!

Money woes are the worst! $760?? Yikes. My bridal party got off cheap!
Jessica Nelson said…
"Boys are like that. They'll work for food"

That is my absolute favorite line!

Yeah, being a bridesmaid is def. expensive. I had to fly to NC to be one for my BF. Sigh.

I hope you can get insurance for the jeep. :-)
revolutionaire. said…
Samsmama - I hope I get the Jeep figured out too. I want it. Now that I've decided it's what I want, I see them everywhere ... and every time I do, I think of you saying Jeep drivers have a secret wave/nod. haha. Can't wait!

Jessica - I knew a bridesmaid was a financial commitment, I guess I just didn't know how much of one it could become. Aside from my sister and my life-long best friend(s), I'll never do it again.

Popular posts from this blog

Someone busier than you is running right now.

I have a confession to make to my spark buddy, Melissa: I did not go for a run last night. I'm terrible, I know. Here's what else I know: 1. I have never made such great progress in getting into shape as I did when I was jogging regularly. 2. My knee starts to stay in a constant state of noticeable discomfort after I've jogged for over a week. 3. I miss the liberating feeling of running. 4. I miss the empowerment of cross-training (biking, swimming, running) So I've been perusing the intarwebz for motivational media this morning. And while I hate Nike for their shoddy work ethic, jacked up prices, and apparently tiny clothes, I love them for their motivational material. I just have yet to find any media more inspiring to me than the following advertisements. And ... "I am addicted. I've collected footsteps before dawn. Seen places I never knew existed. Run to the moon and back. Been a rabbit for the neighborhood dogs. Obeyed the voice in my head. Let music carr

The heat is on...

I've got to admit, now that people are actively involved with following and commenting on this blog, I feel pressured to write legitimately interesting stuff. Some things that peeve me: 1. I typically don't complain about misspellings of my name, but after three years, my co-worker still doesn't know my name is spelled with one L. Whenever he writes a message for me, he directs it to "All-" ugh. Initially I thought, maybe this message is for ALL of us. Wrong. It's specifically for me, he just doesn't know it only has one L. And I bet a million pesos he also doesn't finish spelling it out because he doesn't know it ends in i-s-o-n. I mean, it is a tricky name after all. 2. I went grocery shopping yesterday. I had a list of five things to get in Publix: dog food, dog treats, Gatorade, wine, toilet paper. I came out with 15 things (I counted because I wondered if I could squeeze into the express check-out... nope). I came out with 15 things -- NONE of

603.

I never told you this story, but when I was a three, I had to have physical therapy for a broken femur. Every single day we drove to PT, we went over a small, fairly insignificant overpass with had a shopping plaza below it. The address for the shopping plaza was just barely visible over the bridge. And it was 603. And every single day as we went over, I would excitedly blurt out the numbers to show my mom I recognized them. This turned into a game for us. And eventually, a tradition. Fast forward into my "more grown up" ages ... like ... high school. And, if you could be a fly in my truck, you would have without a doubt witnessed me driving over the overpass by myself and, sure enough, I'd just say it ... "six oh three." Shortly after high school is when I met Seth, Tommy, Leif, Troy, and Jonesy in Gainesville. Still, there was no connection. Their friends and families came to visit, we then bonded, they returned home, and still, nothing. It wasn't until th