Skip to main content

May 28, 2019

On Facebook six years ago, I wrote that I made a list of things that make me happy with Susan.

I'm deciding to do this every year.

Granted, it'll probably not ever be a complete current list, but at least it's indicative of me carving out time to think about what I have to be grateful for and to acknowledge its existence in my life, whatever it may be.

Things That Make Me Happy: May 2019

  1. Playing with Dominic
  2. Drinking coffee in the morning, alone
  3. Driving the Wrangler
  4. Listening to music
  5. Watching Dominic dance to Lean on Sheena (the Bouncing Souls cover version)
  6. Writing (to Susan, on the blog, to Dominic via email)
  7. Sitting outside
  8. Tending to Susan's garden
  9. Soaking up sunlight and vitamin D
  10. Walking outside in the neighborhood
  11. Spending time with Mom and Dad
  12. Planning trips
  13. Discovering and listening to new podcasts
  14. Reading about new and interesting things (recently: Chernobyl, Mount Everest)
  15. Practicing the guitar

Comments